So, I realized my last few posts have all been about my job and my kids–and I don’t want to rant about that always. While teaching is my biggest stress, it is also my biggest love.
So, instead, I want to just send out some random thoughts.
- Why is color one of the first things we mention about people? When I teach, I’m always encouraged to feature black authors, or women authors, or latino authors. Why can’t I just teach authors, oh and by the way, they’re . . . (choose one)
- Am I the only one who wants a theme song?
- Why are diamonds a girl’s best friend? Why not cheese?
- Who ever decided that pineapple is good on pizza? (To my Facebook friends)
- Why, in most schools, do they hire a band teacher, a chorus teacher, an art teacher, but usually not a theatre teacher (Theatre teachers are usually just part of the English department). A school would never dream of hiring a math teacher who also happens to play the piano to be the chorus teacher (at least I don’t think so) Why is theatre the black sheep of the arts family?
- Am I the only one who doesn’t find Jim Carrey funny?
- How are saggy pants comfortable?
- Why does everyone like pumpkin or pumpkin spice? Pumpkin looks like its already been chewed and run through a colicky infant. Why would you eat that?
- Why is it a pair of scissors, or a pair of pants? They are always connected. If you only have one blade of a scissors or one leg of pants, they are broken.
- I’m still waiting for my letter from Hogwarts.
- Does love like in the movies actually exist?
- Have you ever watched a movie, seen the two actors kiss, and then judge their kissing ability?
- When people die in movies, do you watch to see if you can catch them breathing?
- Do LEGO people’s personalities change when you swap bodies?
- Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
- Are we really the house pets of some giant alien?
- Why does corn look the same coming out as going in?
- I wish I was as flexible as a cat.
- Why are people accused of aiding and abetting? Those words are synonyms. They shoud be accused of aiding and aiding some more.
- It’s a good thing elephants don’t fly.